Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I buy MINOX-ve Scalp Stimulant products from?
Visit our dedicated page on this topic here.
- The label has changed. Is the product still the same?
The formula remains unchanged. Product labels were updated in August 2021 at the same time a 120ml bottle (4month supply) was introduced.
- Are your products registered on the UK Government OPSS system?
Yes all our products are registered with the UK Government Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) and each product has a Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) produced by Oxford Biosciences Ltd.
- Can I use MINOX-ve Scalp Stimulants for beard growth?
This is not recommended due to the presence of the vasodilator which causes temporary reddening of the skin after each use.
- Does the product contain minoxidil?
All our products are minoxidil-free hence the negative part (-ve) in the product title.
Using MINOX-ve Scalp Stimulant as part of a hair loss reduction and growth promotion programme means that you'll be using a strong, clinically used scalp stimulant whilst at the same time as avoiding some of the most commonly reported side-effects of the drug minoxidil.
- How is MNX 365 different to MINOX-ve?
MNX 365 contains no methyl nicotinate (vasodilator) resulting in the product being less likely to cause the temporary pigmentation of the skin than MINOX-ve. This makes it more suitable for those who want to use their product during the daytime instead of prior to retiring for the day. Other than the absence of methyl nicotinate the product is identical.
- Is MINOX-ve suitable for genetic baldness and does it stimulate hair growth?
Regular use can stimulate blood flow to the hair bulb the intention of which is to promote healthy hair growth. The DHT inhibitors aim to slow down hair loss. Ultimately there is still no cure for genetic hair loss. All we can do is aim to slow the process down for as long as possible. Therefore continuity of use is the way forward.
- Are your products are cruelty free? Do you test on animals directly or indirectly (by allowing third parties to test your products on animals)?
Manufacturer's reply: - 'None of our products are tested on animals now because the individual ingredients have been on the market for many years [...] but cannot guarantee that animal testing has not been carried out in the past in some areas."